Courtesy of The Daily Mail: (Yes, I know it’s a rag).
Gone girl: Sarah Palin makes swift exit from Iowa as Trump get toppled by her friend Ted Cruz after claiming ‘polls are only good for strippers’ and accusing Cruz supporter of ‘huffin’ ethanol’
- Sarah Palin made a swift exit from Donald Trump’s rally in Iowa Monday night after he was defeated by her old friend Ted Cruz
- She did not speak to those in attendance at the rally and it is not clear if she would be joining Trump in New Hampshire
- She went after U.S. Representative Steve King of Iowa earlier in the day said that Trump used his ‘assets and resources’ to woo her
- Palin said that she had thought Rep. King was a friend and that he must be ‘huffin’ ethanol’ in a cornfield if he believes Trump bought her support
- She also said she felt certain Trump would win on Monday afternoon ‘
- ‘Usually, I say polls are only good for strippers and cross-country skiers, but in this case, I do think that the polls are accurate,’ said Palin
Sarah Palin might want to listen to her own advice.
In an interview with Extra on Monday afternoon the former governor of Alaska predicted a Donald Trump win in Iowa, but added; ‘Usually, I say polls are only good for strippers and cross-country skiers, but in this case, I do think the polls are accurate and are reflecting that the American people, the electorate … we’re looking for something different.’
However, those polls were not so accurate in the end.
Trump was defeated by Ted Cruz and finished in a tight race for second place, only narrowly edging out Marco Rubio despite polls which seemed to suggest he would be the clear winner in Monday’s caucus.
The normally loquacious Palin had little to say after Trump’s defeat, making a swift exit from his rally and not speaking to any of those in attendance according to multiple sources on the scene.
She took off over to her shouty page and posted the following:
Actually Sarah, Trump lost. That makes him a loser. You also and too hitched your grubby self to a loser and that makes you a loser too.
We’ll be waiting with bated breath for your words of congratulations for your dear friend Cruz on his victory in Iowa.
Well done to both Hillary and Bernie too.
Update: See comments for videos of Palin in Des Moines airport, still dressed in the same clothes that she arrived in.