- The beautiful mayor calls the rioters “thugs.”
- No mention of the behaviour of the police officers that caused these riots by murdering an unarmed civilian.
- No mention of the police officers’ “thuggish” behaviour.
- Wolf Blitzer tries to do the same as the Mayor. “There’s no excuse for that kind of violence, right?” Blitzer asked.“There’s no excuse for the seven people that the Baltimore Police Department has killed in the last year either, right?” McKesson countered.
- Looooooong pause. “We’re not making comparison, obviously,” Blitzer said. “I just want to hear you say there should be peaceful protests, not violent protests, in the tradition of Dr. Martin Luther King?”“You are making a comparison,” McKesson said. “You are suggesting this idea that broken windows are worse than broken spines, right?…Freddie Gray will never be back. Those windows will.”
- And McKesson did not condone the violence.
WTF did people think was going to happen? It was only a matter of time. And I really fear for what will happen next.
Nearly forgot this.