I can’t actually watch this again, but it now appears that the adults involved in hushing up the Steubenville rape case are facing the consequences.
Courtesy of The Huffington Post:
Four more people have been indicted in the Steubenville rape case for crimes ranging from obstruction of justice to making false statements to public officials, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said Monday at a press conference.
Superintendent Michael McVey, 50, was charged with a felony count of tampering with evidence, two felony counts of obstruction of justice, a misdemeanor count of falsification and a misdemeanor count of obstructing official business.
Steubenville High School wrestling coach Seth Fluharty, 26, and West Elementary School Principal Lynnett Gorman, 40, were both indicted for failure to report child abuse or neglect. Both are misdemeanor counts, DeWine said.
Matthew Belardine, 26, a volunteer coach for Steubenville High’s Big Red football team, was charged with allowing underage drinking, obstructing official business, making a false statement in order to mislead a public official and contributing to the delinquency of a child.
The indictments were made by a grand jury of Jefferson County, Ohio, citizens. The four school employees are summoned to appear in court on Dec. 6.
“This started out being just about the kids,” DeWine said during the announcement. “But how do you hold kids accountable if you don’t hold the adults accountable?”
Last month, Steubenville Schools information technology director William Rhinaman, 53, was indicted for tampering with evidence, obstructing justice, obstructing official business and perjury. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
It is about bloody time.